Two months out of the Women's EHF EURO 2016 in Sweden (4 to 18 December) preparation can start in earnest for the 12 referee pairs that have been confirmed by the European Handball Federation for the final tournament.
Compared to the Women's EHF EURO 2014 in Hungary and Croatia at which only three pairs were female, there are now seven female pairs refereeing in Sweden.
These are the referees nominated
- Dalibor Jurinovic / Marko Mrvica (CRO)
- Karina Christiansen / Line Hesseldal Hansen (DEN)
- Andreu Marin / Ignacio Garcia Serradilla (ESP)
- Peter Horvath / Balazs Marton (HUN)
- Viktorija Kijauskaite / Ausra Zaliene (LTU)
- Kjersti Arntsen / Guro Roen (NOR)
- Joanna Brehmer / Agnieszka Skowronek (POL)
- Diana-Carmen Florescu / Anamaria Stoia (ROU)
- Victoria Alpaidze / Tatyana Berezkina (RUS)
- Vanja Antic / Jelena Jakovljevic (SRB)
- Peter Brunovsky / VladimirCanda (SVK)
- Mirza Kurtagic / Mattias Wetterwik (SWE)
The actual nominations for the first matches of the Women's EHF EURO 2016 will be done at the beginning of December.